Veteran Service Officer
A Volunteer Veteran Service Officer primarily functions as a liaison between veteran and active duty military members and their families and the local, regional, and federal resources available to them. Some of the types of issues that the Service Officer may assist with include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency Financial Aid
- Food Banks
- Veteran Financial and Medical Benefits
- Service Records
- Service Organization Resources
- Educational Benefits
In addition, the Service Officer:
- Follow up with anyone they have referred elsewhere to ensure that their questions are being adequately addressed.
- Looks for new ways to identify and serve veteran and military families in need.
- Assists Service Organizations and local communities in honoring veterans and active duty personnel for their sacrifices.
- Provides support to other organizations dedicated to serving veteran and military families.
A Volunteer Veteran Service Officer is there to assist those who’ve served with any issue or question, large or small.